Health & Safety Maintenance Manager
Horley & Redhill areas
Permanent, Full time
40 hours per week – predominantly 8:00-16:00 Monday to Friday, however this may include some weekend working
Purpose of the role:
Cavendish Care have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Officer, which combines working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
About the Company:
Cavendish Care have 16 residential and supported living care homes in Horley and surrounding areas. We provide high quality care for adults with learning disabilities.
Following the initial application and recruitment process, the successful applicant will join our Maintenance Team.
About the job:
- Responsible for the decoration and assistance with maintenance jobs and upkeep of all houses within residential and supported living. To include, when required, training office, Head office and the Cavendish activity center.
- To check emails daily and prioritize and respond to work required.
- To prioritize emergencies and respond accordingly.
- To ensure the upkeep of all houses is to a high specification.
- To assist with monthly checks carried out randomly of company vehicles to include the upkeep of the van allocated to maintenance and keep appropriate records to ensure at least each vehicle is checked at least once a year.
- To carry out daily administration; petty cash, job sheets, respond to emails where deemed necessary.
- Communicate positively with all managers and respond to their requests verbally in a prompt manner.
- To ensure the health and safety of self, co-workers and clients is upheld for all tasks and duties.
- To ensure storage garage is kept tidy, locked and secure at all times.
- To carry out tasks if they fall within the remit of professional competence and boundaries.
- To communicate effectively with line manager.
- To ensure records of daily logs are maintained, paperwork is kept up to date.
This job description indicates the main areas of responsibility of this post; the above list is not exhaustive. Therefore, other tasks and or duties may be required of you, but these will fall within the general areas of the responsibility of the post.