Staff training courses
1 day - 9.30am to 3pm
Price available upon application
- Legal aspects and standards
- Managing, obtaining & dealing with medicines entering the home
- Safe storage of medicines
- Auditing of medicines
- Classifications of medicines
- Homely remedies
- Routes of administrations
- Reporting of adverse drug reactions
- Obtaining consent to administer medicines
- MAR Sheets (medicines administration record)
- Following instructions on labels
- Refusal of medicines
- Disposal of medicines
Meet the team
Senior Healthcare Co-ordinator
To provide staff with the knowledge and confidence to record, obtain, store, administer and dispose of medications safely.
The course conforms with guidance issued by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society relating to the training necessary for care workers to administer medicines safely.
The course consists of three units. Each unit has 10 multiple choice questions. By answering these questions it demonstrates understanding of the procedures covered in each training pack.
Contact our Training Centre
For more information about joining a course please fill out this form and one of our team will be in touch.