Cavendish Care and Covid-19
Our response to Covid-19
All non-essential visits to all Cavendish Care homes have been stopped.
It is advised that all visits to the homes are reduced to an absolute minimum. This includes visits from:
- Proprietor, HR, Senior Manager, Behavioural Specialist, Senior Healthcare Co-ordinator, maintenance team
- Medical and social care professionals (unless essential)
- Other people providing services such as chiropodists, reflexologists etc.
Entering the home
- Temperature checks will be taken on arrival at the home. This includes employees, agency workers and all visitors.
- Anyone who has a temperature of 37.8C or above will not be granted access to the home.
- If collecting or returning with tenants/clients, entry to the home will be restricted.
- The handover between staff and parents will be done outside the home.
- We would prefer for our tenants to stay at one location until further notice to minimise their social contact with others.
- All staff will conduct a temperature check at the start of each shift. If their temperature is 37.8C or above, they will be sent home to self-isolate.
- Daily temperature checks will also be conducted for all clients/tenants and recorded on daily logs.
Reporting of symptoms
- If symptomatic employees should not attend work. They must report all symptoms to their Manager or Area Manager by telephone and self-isolate, seeking advice from NHS 111.
- Staff to report all household or direct contact symptoms to their Manager or Area Manager by telephone and self-isolate, seeking advice from NHS 111.
Guidance to staff
- We continue to issue weekly guidance to all staff in accordance with government instructions.
- Consumables: we will continue to order a good supply of consumables for all homes to access; ensure all homes have adequate supply of temperature testing equipment; ensure there is a good stock of consumables in each home, such as cleaning materials, toilet rolls etc.; ensure a good stock of long-lasting food: long-life milk, bread (for freezer), mince & chicken (for freezer), dried pasta.
- Hygiene: all homes have hand sanitisers installed – these must be used on arrival at the homes, before leaving the home and throughout the shift. The clocking device is cleaned daily using antibacterial cleaner. We have increased regularity/depth of toilet cleaning and cleaning of door handles, light switches etc. We have ensured that the Training Centre, ARC, Head Office and all homes are kept clean. Our pool cars are cleaned regularly between users using antibacterial cleaner on touch surfaces.
- We liaise with agencies to ensure they are adhering to government guidelines.
- All agency workers to have their temperature checked on arrival for a shift. If their temperature is 37.8C or above, they will not be granted access to the home.